Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How to choose between fraternities?

I recently received bids from two fraternities (not saying which ones to avoid biased people) A and B. What should I look for the most when choosing between the two? I am going to be a Sophomore Business/Comp science major this year and both A and B are full so I don't need to live in either house. Fraternity A just started back up so it is mostly Sophomores at the moment. B started back up a few years earlier but has Seniors and Juniors. On the social and athletic tiers they are about the same with B having better GPA. The cost to join both is the same, but A has an official house while B has an unofficial house that is an apartment complex but both are by each other. I went to parties at both and got along great with both houses of guys. Both have decent alumni, have 50 or so actives, and cost about the same to belong to. Are there any other factors I should consider? Neither are on probation so it basically comes down to A having an official house, being younger overall, and newer versus B being more mature, more well known to sororities, and a better GPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment