Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Should I sign a paper allowing my 2 brothers to be the executors of estate over me?

My father recently passed away and our family has moved forward with the ironing-out of the more complex details of his life. His death was very unexpected so the paperwork is not very clear. The only official will lists his wife who is also deceased at the moment. My question is at a recent family meeting, we have discussed what is going to happen in the future with establishing an estate and we have all agreed that the assets will be divided 4 ways between all 4 siblings, but that 2 of my brothers will be made the executors on behalf of all 4. In order for this to happen my family has told me I and my other brother will need to sign off allowing them to become executors. Should I do this? Or should I ask to also be named an executor? My only concern is that the executors will not be fair in dividing up the assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment