Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My rabbit had 1 baby and is not caring for it. What do I do?

My rabbit pulled her fur out last night. I was not sure why because she has been in a hutch all by herself. I moved her to another hutch to clean the one she was in. I no sooner moved her and I noticed a small wiggling object in her enclosed area. I then realized she had pulled her hair out because she was having babies (not sure how this happened because she has been in a hutch by herself for the last 4 months). I quickly gathered the hair form the other hutch and put it in the enclosed area. I watched her to see if she was going to have more or eat the one she had beings it was her first litter. She did not eat it nor is she caring for it. She is still pulling fur out and making a new nest but has not had any more babies. What should I do if she refuses to care for the one she had and how long should I wait before I worry about her not having anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment